Monday 27 April 2015

Contemporary with me at James and Alex!





My first upload from my classes at James and Alex.  I want to show the progression over a few weeks with this group.  This is week 1, so I appreciate it's kind of messy (and I'm marking it) but I wanted to give everyone a bit of insight into what I am doing here.  I am happy with the development of the choreography and it was so great to see everyone happy to freestyle on the spot at the end.  I will share with you all footage of the showcase we are working towards in June, and any feedback is welcome!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Catherine - permission form everyone? will be interesting to see the work progress - have you been using the footage as a teaching tool?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula,

    I asked everyone in the class if it was ok to post this online on Youtube and as part of my course and they were all ok with it. I've found that that group want everything filmed! They're all quite experienced dancers and learn a lot from watching themselves. We spoke about it in class, and they were saying sometimes you need to see yourself to realise mistakes you hadn't noticed previously, myself included.

    ReplyDelete