Wednesday 18 November 2015

Module skype session 18/11

Interesting skype session today with Adesola, Jessica and Jodi.  We had a general chat on where everyone is on their planning and understanding this module.  We spoke about the fuzzy period of confusion mid module.  I pointed out that I feel i have spent alot of time looking at my area of interest and the corresponding literature and coming through a process of understanding that my SIG needs to now change special interest!  I feel behind as the process of finding and understanding my literature reviews has taking so long.  That being said it has been the most engaging part of the course so far.  I always think Adesola can some up something I don't always express very clearly, but she reminded me that the process of learning in the course shouldn't be thought of in steps, and that if I come into the 'Ethics' section from a literary viewpoint it is a good way to start.   The sections are like buildings blocks interlinked rather than a series of separate steps.

Relativity
M.C Escher


We also spoke about the ethics forms and consent forms.  As i plan on interviewing choreographers about their creative process working with beginner and professional dancers we broached the subject of what is a professional or a novice dancer.    This is one of the problems I will encounter as many choreographers may have a different views on the words used.   This comes into ethics and not asking a biased question and I will bare it in mind while planning my questions.


No comments:

Post a Comment